Discover our security tips and best practices for secure online browsing, in particular on our online 24/7 platforms. Eurobank Private Bank Luxembourg S.A. recommends the following practices to protect your data and information in order to ensure higher security when you browse the Internet.
For assistance or reporting unusual activity, please call immediately or email your usual Bank contact person.
Your password, keep it secret
- Choose strong, complex and long password (mix of numbers, lower/upper characters and special characters, and not guessable).
- Create and maintain different passwords per account. Periodically change your passwords.
- Credential details are assigned individually to clients, who remain responsible for their use. Therefore, do not share or communicate your password to anyone in writing, orally, or by email. The Bank does not need to know it and will never ask for your confidential information via phone or email. If you lose or forget it, you can contact us to reset it.
- If storing passwords in a repository, ensure it is secure and strongly protected.
Links & Attachments, think twice before you click
- Irrespective of the email sender, always double check who sent an attachment before you open it. Do not click on attachments in suspicious emails, text or pop-up messages.
- Treat with vigilance emails received from a Bank requesting for login credentials, OTP or passwords.
Unknown senders, extra caution
- If you receive a link from an unknown sender, retype it into your address bar instead of directly clicking on it. If you know the sender but the content of the message seems unusual to you, apply the same rule: treat it with suspicion.
- Check the “real address” behind the displayed one: pass the mouse over the link or long-press to preview and verify the address.
Your data, make sure it’s protected at all time
- Protect your devices from security threats (virus, malware, etc.) and make sure your data is secure by using a firewall and an antivirus software.
Mobile e-Banking, use the official app
- For mobile e-Banking, use the official app provided by the Bank and download only from official trusted sources (app stores of Apple and Google).
The web address (URL), make sure it’s secure
- Check the domain name in the URL, and make sure that there is a https:// and padlock icon, which guarantee a secure connection.
- Verify that the e-Banking website address begins exactly with: https://access.eurobankpb.lu/ including the padlock icon. Our e-Banking website has an Extended Validation Certificate mentioning the complete Bank name.
- Retype the Eurobank Private Bank Luxembourg URL in doubt and never follow promotional emails or third party websites.
Avoid public Wi-Fi and unreliable devices
- For sensitive activities - such as e-Banking, emails, and e-commerce websites -, avoid the use of free or unreliable Wi-Fi hotspots (hotels, airports, city, etc.), or public ‘kiosk’ internet-browsing devices.
- Never allow the web browser to remember your credentials.
Software, trusted source and up-to-date
- Download software from the legitimate vendor sources.
- Regularly update your software and antivirus to apply the latest security patches and remain protected. To make things easier, you can choose to have your software update automatically when you install it.
- Do not download illegal files. These are likely to be unsafe. Download files only on official websites.
Logging out, close the session
- Always terminate your online banking session with the log-out/sign-out button.
- Avoid having several pages or tabs open at the same time. Your session data could be intercepted by one of these pages.
Social medias, care before to share
- Be vigilant when feeding social medias. These may widely expose your current location, personal habits, clues about your passwords, answers to security questions, etc.